We just like to connect to the main propane supply for grilling and for a fire pit instead of dealing
with the green propane bottles. And the original propane auxiliary adapter was a P.O.S.
Install a high volume quick release propane fitting, build up a propane line with a ball valve, and
build a regulated propane fire pit.
- Quick release propane fitting
- Propane extension line
- Ball valve
- Low pressure propane regulator from an old grill
- Some pipe fittings
- Gas jets for Chinese cookers (eBay)
- An old flower pot and some rocks
- Build it all per the pictures below…
- Drill holes in the bottom of the flowerpot for the jets to poke through. You can use a masonry
- Be careful because here we are accessing the propane on the HIGH PRESSURE side of the
- regulator. A small leak can vent a large amount of propane – read FIRE RISK.
Friends roasting marshmallows on the propane “BBQ” during fire restrictions at Beachside State Park. In
this photo, the fire is turned down to about 20% of maximum. When it’s on 100%, it is an inferno.
Latest posts by Austyn Clark (see all)
- Propane Auxiliary Line and Fire Pit - July 11, 2016
- Roof Bed Memory Foam Installation - July 5, 2016
- Propane Tank Sheet Metal Modification - June 28, 2016